How GO Transit Keeps Track of Security Incidents
Canadian Security Magazine Article | March-April 2012
Article written by Linda Johnson
GO Transit began its journey to electronic reporting three years ago and today, as they near their destination, they have a much clearer picture of what's going on across the trains and buses they run throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton areas.
The VSOC (Virtual Security Operations Center) includes dispatch and incident reporting by D3 Security. It is able to integrate with the risk management software ASVACO and crime statistics reporting of CAP Index to offer GO’s Systems Safety department the real-time information and reporting they need to provide effective counter measure implementation decisions and better predictions for future planning. Cynthia Weeden, CEO of FutureShield, a Toronto-based provider of security and emergency management software, offered product and integration expertise for the project.
Enterprise solution provides
- Real-time information is available at the hands of the patrol officers in the field for managing incidents
- Scheduling, policies and task details are able to be transmitted electronically to personnel
- Attachments can be passed along to key personnel (i.e. photos, CCTV videos, etc)
- Reporting is more efficient and effective
- Customization to support the Federal and Provincial bylaws
- Mobile platforms for expansion possibilities, such as in-vehicle laptops
- Interoperability with robust incident reporting capabilities.
Read more here: Canadian Security Magazine | On the Go | by Linda Johnson