DisasterLAN (DLAN) is a web-based, mobile friendly incident management system that provides tools for shared situational awareness, workflow-based information management, and real-time communication to help your team prepare for, respond to, and report on issues. With DLAN in your toolbox, you will be properly prepared to manage daily operations, emergencies, and everything in-between.
DLAN simplifies task, mission, and resource management. It allows critical information to be quickly shared through secure interoperable communication features, which are included at no extra charge. DLAN also includes a full suite of reporting features to allow for easy after-action reporting.
DLAN software is available as a traditional installation or as a cloud hosted service. As an incident grows in size, additional personnel can be brought in quickly, including stakeholders and personnel from supporting agencies.
DLAN balances the convenience and affordability of a COTS system with the capabilities of a customized solution tailored to an organization by offering three standard editions that can be configured in a number of ways to meet the needs of any municipality, organization, or industry.
During the configuration process every DLAN installation is tailored to the specific workflow requirements of each customer and, through our standard tools, administrators can customize many aspects of the system themselves. BCG’s in-house engineering team continually updates and enhances DLAN to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
Since its release in 2002, DLAN has been used internationally at all divisions of government, as well as in private-sector corporations. DLAN has been used in multiple industries, such as emergency management, healthcare, transportation, and education. With DLAN any organization can easily track, manage, and report on multiple incidents and events from one unified mobile ready solution.
Task, Mission, and Resource Management
- Simple logging, prioritizing, and responding to issues
- Terminology and Processes based on proven standards
- Ability to distribute missions or tasks to roles responsible and track progress
- Resource, asset, and stockpile management
- User-to-user and system-to-system messaging
- Twitter feed monitoring and posting
- Emergency communication capabilities included with no extra costs or required hardware
- Two-way interoperable messaging via IPAWS, Email, CAP, EDXL, and more
- Custom Branding & Logo
- Configure Statuses & Priorities, including color coding
- Custom Forms, Reports, Templates, and More
Visual Situational Awareness
- Unlimited IP-based video feeds
- Current weather, forecasts, warnings, and animated radars
- ESRI-compatible GIS mapping that can display critical data from multiple sources for improved planning and decision making.
- Custom Unlimited Status Boards
Tracking and Reporting
- Standard and customized reports
- Full chronological after-action reports of all activities during an incident or event
DisasterLAN News Releases
- Nov. 1, 2017 - DLAN Helped Make the Invictus Games a Safe and Successful Event
- July, 2017 - Mississauga Expands DLAN Use Beyond Pan Am Games Event
- Feb, 2017 - City of Kingston, Ontario, Switches to DisasterLAN as their Incident Management
- June 6, 2017 - BCG Introduces New DLAN Editions and Industry Packs
- May 9, 2017 - Take your Planning Section to a new level with DLAN 10.6
- Nov. 10, 2016 - Buffalo Computer Graphics’ New Mobile Responder App Improves Communication from the Field to the EOC
- July, 2016 - Case Study | FutureShield, DLAN, and UHN - Supporting Evidence for the Nomination of the Emergency Management Communication Tool (EMCT)
- Feb. 2, 2016 - City of Toronto Chooses DisasterLAN