DisasterLAN - Emergency Operations and Incident Management
• Web-based, mobile-friendly | Task, Mission, and Resource Management
• Full After Action and Audit Reports
• Emergency Communication Tools including Social Media Monitoring and Response
• Visual Situational Awareness including GIS and Video Streaming
• Custom Status Boards
Why Choose DLAN?
DisasterLAN (DLAN) is a state-of-the-art, web-based incident management system that provides tools for shared situational awareness, workflow-based information management, and real-time communication to help your team work as quickly and efficiently as possible. With DLAN at your fingertips, you’ll be properly prepared to manage daily operations, emergencies, and everything in-between.
DLAN is sold as a single-site license with no per-user charges, as an incident grows in size, additional personnel can be quickly brought in, this includes personnel from supporting agencies. DLAN allows critical information to be quickly and securely shared through interoperable communication features, which are included at no extra charge. DLAN also includes a full suite of reporting features to allow for easy after-action reporting.
BCG balances the convenience of a COTS solutions with the desire for a customized solution tailored to an organization by offering three standard editions that can be modified in a number of ways to meet the needs of various municipalities and organizations, including emergency management, event management, healthcare, transportation, and education.
During the configuration process every DLAN installation is tailored to the specific workflow requirements of each customer and administrators can further customized many aspects of the system themselves at no additional cost!
DLAN is used internationally at all divisions of government, including Provincial, Territory, State, Tribal Nation, Region, County, and Local levels, as well as in private-sector corporations and educational settings. With DLAN any organization can easily track, manage, and report on multiple incidents and events from one unified mobile ready solution.
Web-based Task, Mission, and Resource Management including Full After Action and Audit Reports
- Can be accessed from any location from both desktop and mobile devices
- Optimized for information that flows into and out from an EOC during a disaster
- Makes logging, prioritizing, and responding to actions simple
- Distribute missions or tasks to roles responsible and track completion progress
- Resource and stockpile management
- Role or Group based file and document storage
- Includes full chronological after action reports of all activities during an incident/event
Emergency Communication Tools including Social Media Monitoring and Response
- Built in MASAS Integration
- Twitter and Social Media feeds can be monitored and responded to from within the system
- User to user and system to system messaging
- Build contacts database and message templates
- Fully interoperable via IPAWS, Email, CAP, EDXL, RSS, and custom integration
- Emergency communications capabilities provided out-of-the-box with no extra costs or required hardware
Visual Situational Awareness including GIS, Video Streaming, and Weather
- View unlimited IP-based video feeds
- View current weather, forecasts, warnings, and animated radars
- ESRI compatible desktop and mobile GIS mapping developed and maintained by BCG’s dedicated GIS team (no third party vendors)
- Display Google Maps, Bing Maps, KML, GeoRSS, Aloha Plumes, Pictometry data, and published web map services
- GIS Map Viewer displays data from other DLAN Modules including:
- Streaming Video
- Real-Time Asset Tracking
Custom Status Boards
- Designed for easy video projection on any sized screen
- Custom Status Boards can be created per role or designed as needed
- Interactive Status Boards designed for all-hazards situaltional awareness displays:
- Text and PDF documents
- Graphics and Photos
- Social Media
- Live GIS maps with data
- Animated weather radar imagery
- Websites and Links
DisasterLAN News Releases
- Feb, 2017 - City of Kingston, Ontario, Switches to DisasterLAN as their Incident Management
- Jan, 2017 - DisasterLAN How-To Series #4
- Nov, 2016 - DiasterLAN 10.4 Focuses on GIS-Based Situation Awareness
- Nov, 2016 - Buffalo Computer Graphics' New Mobile Responder App Improves Communication from Field to the EOC
- Oct, 2016 - White Paper: Considerations when Choosing Between Hosting On Premise or in The Cloud
- July, 2016 - Case Study | FutureShield, DLAN, and UHN - Supporting Evidence for the Nomination of the Emergency Management Communication Tool (EMCT)
- Feb. 2, 2016 - City of Toronto Chooses DisasterLAN
FutureShield is an authorized reseller for DisasterLAN - Emergency Operations and Incident Management Systems.
Contact FutureShield for a software demonstration of DisasterLAN